The Outpatients Department provides comprehensive primary care for all patients under one roof. The OPD is one of the busiest units in the Hospital. We provide Care for about 30,000 patients per month.
Our team has 23 experienced Medical Officers, 12 caring nursing officers including a ward master and 25 health work assistants. Administrative work is carried out by the Medical Officer in charge of the OPD with the guidance of the Directors of the Hospital.
The OPD is supported by various other units and services such as the Vaccination Unit, OPD Pharmacy, Radiology Department, blood testing facilities and Physiotherapy Department. Our Department is always prepared to handle any disaster situation.
Our Services :
- We provide outpatient care, admission for inpatient care, administration of Anti Rabies, post exposure prophylaxis and OPD Dispensary service every day
||Day and time
||7 am to 8 pm on week days7 am to 10 am on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays
|Medical, Paediatric, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Poisoning & Snake bite
||24 hours every day (including Sundays and public holidays)
||Sundays from 6 am to Monday 6 am
||Sundays and Thursdays from 6 am to following day 6 am
|Vaccination for animal bite
||24 hours every day including Sundays and public holidays
|OPD dispensary service
||8 am to 8 pm on week days8 am to 5 pm on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays
- We provide wound dressing for patients during working hours of the OPD
- There are facilities to obtain a medical certificate to patients who are absent for work due to illness
- In collaboration with the Health Education Unit we conduct Health Education programs at the OPD on weekdays and Sundays from 7.30 am to 8 am
- We provide Care for the Clergy, Security & Police Personal, Staff & University students on weekdays and Saturday