- Acute Management of Musculoskeletal Trauma
- Treatment and Rehabilitation of Musculoskeletal Injuries and Deformities
- Correction Surgeries for Congenital Musculoskeletal Deformities such as Clubfoot and developmental Dysplasia of Hip
- Joint Replacement Surgeries for Knee, Hip and Elbow
- Management of Spinal Injuries
- Arthroscopic Investigations and Surgeries
- Management of Bone Tumours
- Management of Bone and Joint Infections
- Management of Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
Orthopaedic is the medical discipline dealing with Musculoskeletal (Muscles, Joints, Tendons, Ligaments and Nerves) disorders and trauma. We provide specialized care for patients with musculoskeletal problems and injuries related to sport.
Our unit is equipped with state of the art technology and is led by a Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon. Our team has a dedicated group of Medical Officers, experienced and caring nursing staff and other supportive staff.
We see patients admitted through the OPD, T.H. Peradeniya and those who have been referred by Consultants of the hospital and from other Hospitals. We receive patients from distant Hospitals like G.H. Trincomalee, B.H. Ampara and T.H. Anuradhapura for specialized care.
We treat various Musculoskeletal conditions of patients, ranging from correction of a congenitally deformed hip of kids, reconstruction of an injured Knee of an Athlete, to the total replacement of a Hip for a Senior Citizen.
More than two thousand surgeries are performed each year in our Unit. Our Team conducts Clinics for adult and children separately and we offer Sport Medicine Service for needy individuals through the Sport Medicine unit.
Our Unit has been recognized as a Unique Training Centre in orthopaedic for Postgraduate trainees (Registrars and Senior Registrars of Surgery). In addition we provide Undergraduate teaching from the beginning of the Unit.
Oue services :
|Ground floor – Ward 15 & 16
Telephone 0812388001 (Ext) 315 & 316
|Paediatrics clinic||Thursday||08.00 am – 01.00 pm||Dr. H.J. Suraweera|
|Adult Clinic||Wednesday||08.00 am – 02.00 pm|
|Sport Medicine||Wednesday||02.00 pm – 05.00 pm||Dr. Asela Rathnayake|