- Haematology laboratory
- Biochemistry laboratory
- Microbiology laboratory
- Histopathology laboratory
- Clinical pathology laboratory
We provide accurate and timely diagnosis service to all our patients which is essential in providing quality care.
Laboratory service of the hospital started in 1980 and today we provide comprehensive service to patients of our hospital and surrounding hospitals. Laboratory functions in collaboration with Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya.All consultants of the laboratory are from Faculty of Medicine, Peradeniya (from Department of Pathology and Microbiology).
We are equipped with up to date and accurate equipments as well as qualified team of consultants, Medical Officers, Technologists and other supportive staff.
Laboratory of the hospital has 5 divisions,
We train undergraduate from Faculty of Medicine. We also involve in training and teaching of MLT students of the MLT school of Peradeniya. Our postgraduate training (Pathology, Haematology and Microbiology) is well recognized by the Postgraduate Institute of Medicine, Sri Lanka.
- We carried out all the routine and most of the special haematology, histopathology, microbiology, clinical pathology and clinical biochemistry investigations.
- Our night laboratory ensure an uninterrupted services to the in-patients of the hospital.
- We act as a tertiary referral centre in the central province
- We provide cytoscreening service for needy hospitals of the central province
Instruction to public
- Outpatients (OPD and clinic) specimen collection (blood and body fluids) will be carried out from 8 am to 10 am every day except Sundays and Public holiday. Investigation report/s can be collected at any time.
- We have a haematology clinic to provide care for patients with haematological disorders and for anticoagulation therapy on every Tuesday and Thursday from 8 am to 12 pm.
|First floor (OPD building) – Clinic room No. 35 A
Telephone 0812388001 (Ext) 242
|Haematology Clinic||Tuesday||08.00 am – 12.00 pm||Prof Dhammika Dissanayake
Dr. M. Rathnayake
|Thursday||08.00 am – 12.00 pm|
|Haemophilia Clinic||Thursday||01.30 pm – 04.00 pm|
|Myeloma Clinic + CML Clinic||Wednesday||10 am onwards|