- Provision of high dependency care for acutely ill patients.
- Management of all emergency Paediatric Medical conditions.
- Management of all communicable diseases.
- Transfusion of factor viii, ix and x for patients with Haemophilia
- Vaccination of kids according to the National Immunization Programme.
- Regular follow up of patients with Rheumatic Heart Disease and provision of Benzathine Penicillin Injection.
- Care of Thalassemic children with regular blood transfusion and iron chelation therapy.
- Provision of specialized care for children with Nephrotic Syndrome.
- Kidney transplant and post-transplant follow up.
- Provision of dialysis facility for children with renal impairment.
- Provision of Neonatology care for acutely and chronically ill neonates.
Paediatric is the branch of medicine that deals with medical care of infants, children and adolescent. Professorial unit provides the best care for Paediatric patients in the region.
The Paediatric unit of the hospital has ward 4, where acute medical illnesses are managed and ward 5 with several sub-units (Neonatal Unit, Nephrotic Unit, Thalassemia Unit, Dialysis Unit and Kidney Transplant Unit) where chronic illnesses are managed.
Our unit has special interest in medical disorders of kidney (Paediatric Nephrology) such as nephrotic and end stage renal failure. It is recognized as the only unit that provide Paediatric kidney transplant service in Sri Lanka.
We provide both undergraduate and postgraduate training for medical candidates of Sri Lanka. In addition, we receives elective students from many parts of the world for clinical training. We take part in clinical research in many Paediatric disciplines such as Nephrology, Urology, Endocrinology, Childhood growth, Development & Nutrition, Respiratory illnesses and childhood Meningitis.
|First floor (OPD building) – Clinic room No. 35 A
Telephone 0812388001 (Ext) 242
|Medical clinic||Monday||08.00 am – 12.00 pm||Dr. R.M. Mudiyanse
Dr. Pathum Dissanayake***
|Tuesday||01.00 pm – 04.00 pm||Dr. Thushara Kudagammana|
|Wednesday||08.00 am – 12.00 pm||Dr. Heshan Jayaweera
Dr. Vasana Kiridena
|Thursday||08.00 am – 12.00 pm||Dr. Thushara Kudagammana|
|Immunization clinic||Tuesday||08.00 am – 12.00 pm||Prof. Rasnayake Mudhiyanse|
|Obesity clinic||Tuesday||01.00 pm – 04.00 pm||Dr. Kalupahana/ Dr. Vasana Kiridena|
|Nephrotic Clinic||Thursday||08.00 am – 12.00 pm||Dr. Shenal Thalgahagoda|
|Premature baby clinic||Friday||08.00 am – 12.00 pm
02.00 pm – 04.00 pm
|Dr. Thusara Kudagammana/ Dr. Pathum Dissanayake Dr. (Mrs) Sandya Bandara (Pediatrician)***|
|Reumatic Heart Disease Clinic||Saturday||08.00 am – 12.00 pm||Prof. Rathnayake Mudiyanse|
|Renal Disease Clinic||Monday||02.00 pm – 04.00 pm||Dr. R.S. Thalgahagoda|
|Trisomy 21 Clinic||Every month 1st week Monday||02.00 pm – 04.00 pm||Dr. Pathum Dissanayaka|
**** Physician will cover the clinic in rotation basis