- Anxiety Management and Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Anger Management and Stress Management
- Social Skills and Assertive Skills Training
- Days structuring and ADL training
- Sensory Integration Therapy
- Recreation and Leisure Time Management
- Relaxation Training
- Job Analysis
- Guidance and Advice (Parenting, Fall Prevention, Modifying Environment, Boost up Morale)
- Environmental Modification
- Splinting and Adaptation
- Hand Therapy (improves all types of Grips, improve gross Motor and fine Motor Skills)
Occupational Therapy is a treatment modality used to develop, recover or maintain daily living and work skills of patients. Occupational Therapy enhances patients ability to engage in occupation or modify occupation or environment for better support of their occupational engagement.
Occupational Therapy Unit of the Hospital was started by Jenny Beven (Australian Occupational Therapist) in 1994 for patients with mental health problems.
Mrs. Malini Jayanthi was the first Sri Lankan Occupational Therapist who joined the unit and expanded Occupational Therapy Services to other specialties (Neurology, Orthopaedics and Paediatrics) apart from Mental Health.
Occupational Therapy is a patient centered practice that focuses on the attainment of patients goals. Care is delivered by assessment (initial and periodic) and therapeutic interventions.
Our services :
- In-house assessments, functional assessments, behavioural assessments and wheelchair assessments.
- Educational assessments of children with specific learning disabilities, and children with physical and mental health problems.
- Job assessments and vocational training assessment.
Instruction to patients:
- To obtain Occupational Therapy services a patient needs a referral from Hospital Clinics, OPD, or Wards
- We can provide better service if you bring your past Medical Records and Investigation Reports
- It is mandatory to fix an appointment for treatment session and make sure to attend on the allocated date and time
- Working hours of the unit are 8.00 a.m. to 4.00p.m from Monday to Sunday except on Public Holidays